We are looking for a proactive and motivated Data Protection professional with excellent communications skills, high integrity and cross‐border working experience to drive the data protection program for the Nordic Countries (primarily Sweden and Finland).
Vattenfall believes that a solid data protection program is an essential component of a leading sustainable energy company. Protecting personal information and respecting privacy are essential to maintain the trust of our customers, employees and suppliers. Managing privacy risks effectively and putting individuals in control of their personal information is core to our approach.
The Data Protection Officer is part of the Corporate Security & Resilience Function and reports directly to the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO). The Data Protection Officer is part of the Corporate Security & Resilience (CIS) management team. The Data Protection Officer has the authority to raise privacy issues directly to the highest management level of Vattenfall and regularly reports on progress to a Data Protection Committee, which consists of accountable information owners and business leaders.
Tasks and responsibilities of the Data Protection Officer:
- Build, jointly with Information Security, a data protection process that supports Vattenfall in meeting its obligation when it comes to data protection, compliance with related laws and regulations and the implementation of the new European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Support the organisation in identifying, mitigating and monitoring the risk of non‐compliance with data protection regulation and with the policies of Vattenfall in relation to the protection of personal data. This includes the assignment of responsibilities, awareness‐ raising, training of staff involved in processing operations and the related audits.
- Create insight in data landscape, processes and interfaces with external parties. Identify the data protection risks and issues associated with the activities of the company.
- Advise and support teams across Vattenfall to meet their obligations to protect personal data in line with legislation; and provide training and guidance materials to ensure proper governance.
- Instruct and cooperate with the Data Protection Coordinators in the different Business Areas, to jointly execute actions, build the awareness and raise the Data Protection maturity.
- Provide advice on data protection impact assessments and monitor performance.
- Investigate and report data protection risks to senior management, handle data breaches and where appropriate report to the supervisory authority.
- Monitor regulatory/legislative developments and update company policies and processes as required.
- Act as a contact person for the data subject and for the supervisory authority on issues relating to data processing.
We are looking for
We expect you to actively drive and implement change on all levels and you also have the following qualifications:
- Experience of successfully having implemented systematic processes in large multinational organisation.
- Good skills in, communication, negotiation, conflict resolution, ability to build working relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret relevant data protection rules in the context of data processing activities.
- Ability to effectively work with various stakeholders and to enable good and sound business solutions, including promoting privacy by design.
- Knowledge and deep expertise in the area of EU privacy and the general data protection regulation (GDPR).
- Academic degree / University education in relevant area.
- Relevant certifications such as IAPP are a major plus
- You are fluent and express freely in both Swedish and English.
Location: Arenastaden, Stockholm
For more information, please contact:
Mikael Vos (CISO), 070 202 6294
Nidhi Illman (Recruiter), 072 702 7861
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity & inclusion helps building a more attractive, efficient, customer centric and profitable company.
Trade union representatives in Sweden Carl-Gustav Angelin (Akademikerna), Anders Bohlin (Unionen), Christer Gustafsson (Ledarna), Ronny Ekwall (SEKO). To get in contact with the representatives, please call Vattenfall´s switchboard +46 8 739 50 00.
Last date of application is 18 September 2017. We look forward to your application!