About the position:
A great deal is happening in data centers, with the common use of cloud computing technology, and the operation model of the future cloud data centers is becoming more complex. Tools for data center infrastructure management (DCIM) will help data center managers to reduce the operating costs and energy consumptions of data centers. The DCIM market is growth rapidly with 44% CAGR recently, and the DCIM tools will become the mainstream in the data centers in a few years.
We have thus established a Telco OS Innovation Lab focused on the future Operations Business Model, Customer Engagement and Key Technology investment: We are now recruiting experts to the Innovation Lab.
Key Responsibilities include：
• DCIM business model analysis. Perform business analysis of proposed Data Center Infrastructure Management platform and business model.
• DCIM business requirements – engage with key customers and to understand their key business requirements and drivers and present them to relevant stakeholders in HQ and regional teams.
• DCIM opportunities analysis - identify the critical business trends in the market that are driving customer needs.
• DCIM strategy planning. Analyze competitive industry platforms for DCIM and guide business planning with executive readouts to HQ.
• DCIM Offerings Insight. Analysis of leading DC Performance Management and measurement tools.
Requirements & Qualifications:
• Computing Science degree and/or with business qualification or industry experience in data center infrastructure operation and maintenance management with one or more tier 1 customer and/or vendor, e.g. Microsoft, Amazon, Google, CA, Schneider Electric, Emerson.
• At least 15 years industry experience in data center infrastructure vendors or in data center carriers. With in-depth knowledge and experience of data center infrastructure operation and maintenance management.
• Experience in developing offers, value proposition, and leading delivery efforts related to data center operation and maintenance management.
• In-depth Knowledge and experience of integration and/or development for data center management platforms and products.
• Fundamental understanding of technical and business drivers for data center infrastructure management (DCIM).
• Familiar with the data center infrastructure management (DCIM) software and service.
• Familiar with ITSM, CMDB, and virtualization technical solutions.
• Familiar with data center IT and facility systems and devices (e.g. servers, storage, network, power and cooling, Backup/Restore, Disaster Recovery)
• Knowledge and understanding of cross DC planning and operation
• Understanding and awareness of DC security and legal requirements
• Experience in DC migration, forecasting and planning methods.
• Familiar with ITIL principles.
• Have a deep understanding of customers requirements/pains, competitive landscape, market moves, eg.. in the data center management system field.
• Strong interest and knowledge about industry trends
• Excellent Communicator and Fluent in English (written and spoken
• Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business
• Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
• Strong results orientation
• Thinks big
• Worldwide short-term travels are required
• Hands-on and can-do attitude
Location: This is a fulltime position in Dublin, Ireland. Business trips to China requested as necessary to support HQ strategy engagement.