Functional area:Research and Development
Country of service:Sweden
Company name:Atlas Copco Industrial Technique AB
Last date to apply:August 24, 2017
Are you ready to take the next step? Do you want to work with the market leader and in a truly global environment? Do you find it inspiring to interact with the world premium industrial companies being your customers?
Here is an opportunity where you will work with developing and applying new technology to create new service focused business models.
Does it sound exciting? Stay with us – more will come!
With Industry 4.0, IoT and Big Data, there is great industry focus to selectively gather and use data to improve the production process. Atlas Copco is the global market leader with customers all around the world. Our customers expect Atlas Copco to create added value from their production data and we need to ensure that we are the best at doing this.
After several years of growth, the plan is to take the Industrial Technique Service division to the next level. Today we have local solutions to store data but we are also about to develop a cloud solution. We are aiming to connect all our customers’ power tools and to use the data generated to improve customers’ production process. We now need somebody entrepreneurially driven, with deep IT development and data analytics knowledge, as well as great passion, to lead one of our most strategic initiative called Data Driven Service. Hence we are creating this new position in the divisional management team. The role reports to the Service Division President. Today there are five developers and one Manager Customer project in the Data Driven Service team and this will be expanded further to support the business plan. To implement the Data Driven Service we also utilize our global organizations
The Mission is to answer and implement actions for the questions:
- What are the different customer values that can be created by using a local solution or a cloud solution
- What are the additional values to connect and analyze preventive maintenance/ repair data in relation
- What internal productivity improvements can be made in the service delivery by collecting data inside or outside the fire wall
- What is the most efficient way to collect relevant data, considering both efficiency and the importance of security
- What competences and resources are needed to realize the customer values
- What product offers can be developed and what will the business model look like
This will be accomplished by:
- Investigating different data driven service solution in our and related industries
- Jointly together with internal organizations cross divisions, identify the most important customer needs, by working through a Voice of the Customer process
- Based on external and internal technology, develop and evaluate the prototype for new Data Driven Service together with R&D, challenge the architecture and customer values.
- Jointly together with VP Operations develop and test operational solutions for delivery of new data driven products
- Participating in the selection process of possible 3rd party suppliers for cloud based services, big data analytics, visualization
- Build business cases for potential investments
- Work closely together with R&D to secure that the service business is considered in the product development projects
- Responsible for the Service R&D budget prioritization and follow-up
- Identify and propose possible acquisitions in this field
We believe that you have experience from developing cloud solutions and operating transactional heavy software. You have successfully developed a business and you like working closely with customers.
The successful candidate has a University degree (Software Engineering, Information Technology). You are also fluent in English.
Collaborative: You are interactive, very much a team player and enjoy developing your network; you actively take contact with people to learn from their unique and diverse competences and perspectives, and share your own knowledge and experience.Open-minded: You are flexible and global-minded. Passionate about learning and exploring new things; you adapt quickly to new situations and opportunities. You are interested in different cultures, and excited to find new ways, perspectives and ideas.Resourceful: You are proactive and always looking for a better way, using the resources at hand. You actively make things happen and embrace modern technology and the opportunities this offers. Entrepreneurial: You take responsibility and are results driven. Curious by nature, you thrive on discovering new and practical ways to solve real issue and show persistency in seeing things through to get results.
Travelling is needed to fulfill the mission (60 days annually)
For the right candidate, we have much to offer you:
We are a global and profitable and sustainable company, a market leader in our segment, with innovation very much at the center of everything we do.
Our customer centric working environment is very much open and transparent. We strongly believe that with freedom comes accountability, with diversity comes success and with collaboration comes results.
We are proud of our attractive career offer, which alongside challenging and purposeful jobs, encourages international assignments through our open internal job market and offers multiple career tracks, together with many valuable opportunities for training and development.
Country and city description
Stockholm, Sweden (Preferably)
Business Area Industrial Technique consists of five divisions within the Industrial Tools Assembly Systems Business. Customer base is to a large extent found within the motor vehicle industry and the general industry with an important part of the business generated through the aftermarket.