Applications Operations Engineer- Vattenfall IT
We are looking for a Senior Applications Operations Engineer to maintain the availability and stability for server-based applications and over all infrastructure within Vattenfall IT in accordance with the agreed service levels (SLA), and with the support of ITSM processes within IT Operations.
Vattenfall is a European energy company with approximately 20,000 employees. For more than 100 years we have electrified industries, supplied energy to people’s homes and modernized our way of living through innovation and cooperation. We now want to make fossil-free living possible within one generation. To be able to reach this ambitious goal we are looking for talented individuals who, in addition to their passion for their own role, also have strong team spirit and want to contribute to supporting a meaningful corporate mission.
Your responsibilities as Senior Applications Operations Engineer
In the role of Applications Operations Engineer you will work in a team that is very close to infrastructure maintenance as well as the business. To succeed in this role, you should be self-driven, exact, analytic, critical and know how to prioritize. You are not only an experienced technician, but you also have social competence to understand the needs of the business. You always challenge yourself and others on how to improve, are open to suggestions from others, but can also give suggestions yourself.
‘’Spider in the web, key person, connecting the dots. You’ve heard it all before, but it is true. We are essential in making operations happen’’, Oscar Rylin, Applications Operations Engineer and team member.
We want to strengthen our IT Operations team within the Dedicated Services department with an additional colleague who is driven by technical challenges and the urge to always find better and more efficient ways of delivering services to the customer. We are operating and coordinating IT services, like infrastructural and application services to all business areas in Vattenfall and are looking for an ambitious Applications Operations Engineer in Solna. The main responsibility is to maintain the availability and stability for server-based applications and over all infrastructure within Vattenfall IT in accordance with the agreed service levels (SLA), and with the support of ITSM processes.
The focus areas are:
• Central contact person for all technical questions regarding the infrastructure services and their components.
• Coordination and execution of tasks of infrastructure service lifecycle management
( Planning, installation, upgrade and decommission)
• Main role in resolving incidents, planning and execution of changes and root cause analysis of problems.
• Steering of incident processes, administrative activities, patch strategies, backup and recovery plans, catastrophe protection and downtimes.
• You are dedicated to defined internal customers and responsible for the operation of several services and the fulfilment of the agreed service levels (SLA). It also includes the support of the whole service lifecycle.
• Design of infrastructure based on application specific requirements and creation of operational concepts and ITIL service trees.
• Update and maintain operational (SLA) documentation
• Project support for small infrastructure topics
• 2nd Level Support and operational support of Incidents
Part of rotational ”on-call team” for high available services (estimated. 6-8 weeks p.a.).
Your qualifications as Applications Operations Engineer
Ideally you have a degree in IT or related studies – in addition to datacenter environment.
• At least 4 years of experience in Application Operations and SLA Maintenance
• Technical knowledge in IT infrastructure (Server, Storage, Network, Middleware and Support systems)
• Knowledge and experience in administration of operating systems (MS and Linux)
• Solid understanding of IT Security
• Experience in handling ITIL processes (Incident / Change / Problem / Config / Patch / LCM)
• Experience in supporting projects
• Experience of infrastructure solution design development and implementation
• Experience of operations within security complex environments
• Experience in automating IT processes
• Experience in working Agile and in ”virtual” teams are desirable
Your soft skills:
• You are able to understand complex situations and are experienced in analyzing problems and using structured approaches.
• Your focus is on the Customer and offering strong IT Services
• Strong in Stakeholder & Expectation Management
• Highly skilled in communication. planning, coordination and teamwork
• Strong interest in multicultural and international environments
• Strong communication skills
• Good understanding in unbundling regulations
• Team player and solid Work Ethic
• Fluent Swedish (Spoken & Written) as well as strong Business English skills are required
What we offer
We offer a challenging and international work environment and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development. At Vattenfall we also offer staff benefits such as favorable occupational pension agreements, parental leave allowances, flexible working hours and more. Read more about our benefits here: https://careers.vattenfall.com/about-us/compensation-and-benefits.
Location: Stockholm, Solna
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact hiring manager Manuel Karlsson 072 560 11 61. For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact recruiter Teri-Anne Brink, email@example.com
Trade union representatives in Sweden Vatkovic Silvija (Akademikerna), Inger Strandberg (Unionen), Christer Gustafsson (Ledarna), Lennart Bengtsson (SEKO). To get in contact with the representatives, please call Vattenfall´s switchboard +46 8 739 50 00.
We welcome your application including CV and cover through the portal, last day to apply 30th of May 2022. Selection and interviews are held after last application date. We do not accept applications through email.
We look forward to your application.
Dela detta jobb