"We provide technologies to enable a greener maritime industry".
Would you like to contribute to a greener maritime industry? Yara Marine Technologies is now looking for an Automation Engineer to join their team in Gothenburg.
"This is a place where you can innovate stuff. The ideas, contributions and changes are well respected among the team members and the company. Everyone in the team is a mentor for each other and all of us improve together. This is place where you will be able to learn different platforms and work on projects individually and collaboratively. If you have the drive to improve then YMT is the right place for you. This is not just a workplace. It´s a family". - Meet Sheth – Automation developer at YMT
Since 2010, Yara Marine Technologies has been at the forefront of maritime emissions reduction, working closely with ship-owners, yards, and naval architects as partners in our effort to drive the change towards sustainable shipping. Today, Yara Marine offers a portfolio of green technologies, such as SOx scrubbers, fuel optimization systems, turnkey shore power solutions, and the cutting-edge, advanced wind-assisted propulsion system WindWings. Yara Marine is headquartered in Oslo, Norway, with offices in Sweden, Poland, and China.
As Automation Engineer at Yara Marine (YMT), you will do PLC and HMI programming for new projects within a broad product range, as well as update, troubleshoot and improve existing programs. Part of the work is also to support during FAT´s at the test centre, support commissioning and service engineers and to create necessary documentation for the projects. The work is based in the office, but occasional trips could occur to start/update systems and for troubleshooting.
Main areas in this role will be:
- Develop software for PLC and HMI
- Simulate and test software before FAT
- Create documentation related to software development and testing
- Support commissioning engineers during start-ups etc.
- Support and provide input for improvements and development of the company´s products and processes
- Support our service department with technical inputs for received claims, and problems. Which includes direct customer and supplier contacts to resolve the received problems
- Working closely with other departments such as mechanical, process and electrical to develop and test the solutions together
Background and skills
- Minimum of 2 years´ experience of PLC/HMI programming
- Fluent English both written and spoken
- Good communication skills since customer and supplier contact is part of the work
- Experience in Codesys based software for PLC programming is a merit
- Experience of working with Beijer Electronics IX Developer is a merit
- Experience from process automation is a merit
As a person you can work independently as well as being a team player and you have a genuine passion for programming. You strive to develop yourself and improve our deliveries and processes. You have good collaborate skills and an open mindset for new solutions and ways of working. You appreciate working in an international environment where you meet and work with people from several different cultures.
"We´re doing a lot of fun stuff together. We recently went for an event for two days which was very valuable and all of us have created great memories. This summer we had multiple barbeques and afterwork events as well". - Meet Sheth – Automation developer at YMT
Is this a job for you? Apply today!
The selection process is ongoing, and the position may be filled before the application deadline.
Dela detta jobb