Data Analyst- Vattenfall
How will the energy system function in a decarbonizing world?
Strategic Development is looking for a Data Analyst to join their growing team spanning Stockholm, Amsterdam and Berlin. This is an exciting opportunity to bring data and modelling expertise to the function and help merge the worlds of analysis and strategy.
At Vattenfall, we believe climate change is one of the most significant challenges of our time and have decided for a clear goal – Fossil Free Living within One Generation! Are you curious, a people person, astute and passionate about the opportunity energy can have on a most pressing global issue? Join us as our new Data analyst
As a Data Analyst you like to work with data, you will be part of the Market Insights team within Strategy & Business Development and your analysis will have a direct impact on Vattenfall’s core business. You will be a member of a driven core team and part of a wider community of energy market experts – and from a unique perspective within Vattenfall, contribute to decision making on the corporate level.
The main deliverable of the team, is the Long Term Market Outlook (LTMO), a scenario-based framework for power price development, which is used throughout Vattenfall for strategic decision making and asset valuation. You will support the team, translating high level long term market assumptions into model inputs and model results into insights suitable for upper management. Having the LTMO stakeholder’s needs in mind, this will be a perfect chance to live your affinity for data modelling/programming and use your quantitative data handling skills to derive insightful analysis, to improve Vattenfall’s understanding of the future electricity system.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Econometric modeling with the aim to provide insights in the relations between different market drivers (e.g. economic growth in relation to power demand)
• Build the data structure for our fundamental power models applying state of the art data modelling standards
• Providing high quality quantitative analyses and market insights
• Close collaboration with the teams key internal stakeholders (Group Risk Management, Finance, Business)
• Build a strong network of contacts throughout the organization
Your qualifications as Data Analyst
• Academic degree with quantitative focus, e.g. physics, mathematics, econometrics, or equivalent qualifications and experience. A combined degree with quantitative and financial modules is an advantage
• Knowledge of the Continental power market, global energy economics, fundamental and power plant dispatch modelling
• Proficient with Python and experience with databases, Power BI, SQL, No-SQL GIT is preferred
• Ability to integrate data from a variety of sources using integration and orchestration tools
• Knowledge of financial analysis
• A curious and analytical mind with the ability to think out of the box, take own initiative, find creative and pragmatic solutions to complex issues, learn new things and leave your comfort zone
• Ability and willingness to constructively challenge business functions when necessary
• Performance-oriented and customer-focused
• Willing to travel (occasionally)
• Team player with good interpersonal and liaising skills
• Strong communication skills in English, both verbally and written; Dutch, German or Swedish language skills are an advantage
We offer a challenging and international work environment where you will have a pivotal role in driving Vattenfall’s fossil free living within one generation goal. We believe in diverse and inclusive teams and you will be working in interdisciplinary teams and can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development. At Vattenfall we also offer staff benefits such as favorable occupational pension agreements, parental leave allowances, flexible working hours and more. Read more about our benefits here: https://careers.vattenfall.com/se/jobba-med-oss/ersattning-formaner.
Location: Amsterdam, Berlin or Stockholm.
We welcome your application in English , including CV and cover through the portal, last day to apply 20th October 2021. Selection and interviews are held after last application date. We do not accept applications through email.
For more information about the role, please reach out to Director of Strategic Competence Neil McLauchlan, Neil.Mclauchlan@vattenfall.com
For more information about the recruiting process, contact recruiter Carolina Bölander, Carolina.email@example.com
Trade union representatives in Sweden Shahriar Badiei (Akademikerna), Anders Bohlin (Unionen), Christer Gustafsson (Ledarna), Juha Siipilehto (SEKO). To get in contact with the representatives, please call Vattenfall´s switchboard +46 8 739 50 00.
At Vattenfall, we believe, that the only way to make fossil free living within a generation possible is to power and help manage all energy-aspects of our customers’ lives to create climate smarter living building by building, district by district, city by city.
Diversity and inclusion – in everything we do
Read more on how we work with diversity and inclusion here:
Strategy & Business Development (S&BD) is part of Staff Function Strategic Development at corporate level in Vattenfall. We exist to accelerate Vattenfall’s transition towards its goal, fossil free living within one generation. There are four functions in S&BD; Market Insights develop scenarios, provide a deep understanding of main energy industry trends; Group Strategy, are responsible for ensuring Vattenfall is a leader in the energy transition and a thriving business today and in the future; Business Development, find and realize new business opportunities that will enable fossil-free living in one generation and; Asset Owner Support, focus on internal collaboration and creating value for Vattenfall’s asset owning businesses.
Dela detta jobb