Data Management Analyst
Modis Life Science is looking for a Data Management Analyst for a consultancy assignment at AstraZeneca in Gothenburg. We are lokking for a person with a relevant scientific or engineering academic degree, with good IT skills. Send your application as soon as possible.No later than November 11th.
About the assignment
Are you passionate and eager to join a pharmaceuticals company in the forefront of the Sample Management technologies? Would you like to contribute to the continuous improvement of life changing projects?
Welcome to apply for the Data Management Analyst role to join our team at Sample Management, AstraZeneca in Gothenburg, Sweden. In this position you play an important part in the Biopharmaceuticals R&D, Discovery Sciences organisation - operating within an outstanding scientific environment to support drug discovery across each of AstraZeneca´s Therapeutic Areas.
The Sample Management group works collaboratively to provide support within agreed service levels with a strong customer focus. We strive to understand what fits their needs best and how to add value through our experience and capabilities. The Sample Management facility and service are leading edge, implementing fully acoustic sample handling workflows as the first company world-wide. We actively seek ways to improve our industry-leading capability, processes and exploit new technologies and will interface with all areas of drug discovery research.
What you´ll do:
You will be expected to act upon day-to-day issues that occur whilst processing samples, ensure business continuity and run Sample Management development projects to ensure continuous improvement, which is also a core activity performed as individual and group projects within the local team and the global department. Furthermore, you will work with the following typical tasks:
- You will be required to analyse large data sets and apply techniques such as data pipelining and mining.
- You will help to design and implement data exploitation and visualisations to provide concise information/support decision-making to operational teams, the Sample Management leadership team and the research community more widely.
- Interacting/querying data at the database level and database interrogation (SQL).
- Improve end-to-end business value and drive significant impact.
- Work closely with the teams to identify process bottlenecks and implement improvements.
- Working closely with internal project teams in the development of unique solutions to meet customer needs, propose alternative approaches for consideration when applicable.
- Identify and rapidly inform the supervisor and colleagues of issues critical to attainment of project goals.
Essentials in the role:
Sample Management is a highly collaborative group, working to tight delivery schedules - so the ability to be comfortable working at a fast, goal-oriented pace, with a team focused attitude is essential to be successful.
We also believe you have:
- M.Sc (?5 years of experience) degree in a relevant scientific or technical/engineering field (for e.g. Software engineering/IT/Computer or Data Science/Statistics/Information management).
- Data pipelining – experience of data pipelining platforms, such as Pipeline Pilot or Knime.
- Understanding of basic principles of relational databases (entity relationship diagrams, joins and referential integrity constraints, query development).
- Experience with writing scripts/code in any data analysis environment (R, Python, Java etc).
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain collaborative working relationships with customers and internal colleagues.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a track record in the performance of a range of practical skills, including non-routine complex tasks, to a high level.
- Be highly productive: consistently generate high quality results within established time lines and efficiently prioritize multiple tasks concurrently.
The successful candidate has a high aptitude for learning custom software for the processing, tracking and receiving sample orders. We see you as flexible, open-minded, highly organized and analytical in nature. As well as a person who fosters an environment of scientific innovation, efficiency and most importantly demonstrate respectfulness toward colleagues.
Dela detta jobb
Livet på Modis Sweden AB
<p>Vi förenar företag och talanger i en snabbt föränderlig värld.</p>…Läs mer om Modis Sweden AB