About the company
ÅF is an engineering and design company within the fields of energy, industry and infrastructure. We create sustainable solutions for the next generation through talented people and technology. We are based in Europe and our business and clients are found all over the world.
ÅF Making Future.
About the job
The recent advancements in digital capabilities allow various industries to entre new era of business opportunities. Whether it is a digitalized customer experience that brings more control for the end user or it is an IoT platform that facilitate remote monitoring of distributed sensors, the digital revolution is present all along the industry value chain. ÅF Digital Solutions has a strong position in the market and at its data analytics group we are committed to deliver first class solutions to our customers. We have customers in many different industries, ranging from automotive to medtech. Geographically, this means that you can get to work both in-house at our headquarters in Solna or at the customers. Now we would like to strengthen our data analytics group by adding another Data Scientist.
As a passionate and skilled Data Scientist you are highly motivated to shape industries through Advanced Data Analytics. You will be responsible for getting data from various sources, turning data into insights using machine learning techniques, and design and build AI tools to automate analysis processes.
The ideal candidate has good awareness over his/her data science toolbox and are quite comfortable applying algorithms and models. Since you will be working with cross-functional teams of Cloud Architects, Data Engineers, Design Engineers etc., you must also be experienced in computer programming and able to revise code, debug and solve issues to ensure preparing clear analysis and accurate solutions. You will perform both individually and as a team member collaborating with experts in various domains to translate business problems into technical requirements.
Who are you?
You have 2-4 years of relevant experience, holding a Master or PhD degree in Applied Statistics, Machine Learning, Econometrics, Mathematics, Quantitative Modelling, Computer Science or equivalent fields.
Majority of your core competences are in the following areas:
- Advanced programming skills in at least two of the following languages: R, Python, MATLAB, Java or Scala
- Basic understanding of data warehousing concepts and decent SQL knowledge
- Good understanding of appropriate statistical techniques to be used in different circumstances
- Proper data mining skills including: feature engineering, text analysis, time series analysis or predictive modelling, statistical signal/image processing
- Deep Learning/Artificial Intelligence
- Strong Visualization, presentation and communication skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills are important in English and/or Swedish
Supporting competences that can be highly appreciated include:
- Knowledge on cloud platforms and distributed systems
- Experience with parallel computing, streaming analytics and Big Data technology
- Experience with Python and Bash Scripting for automations
- Experience in software development or DevOps
We take your personal qualities in great consideration. As a consultant you should master both working independently and as a team member.
We are looking for someone who wants to be part of ÅF’s success story. Are you passionate about technology development? Do you like to work together to find the best solution? Then we can offer you career opportunities in a modern workplace with challenging assignments and exciting projects all over the world.
The ÅF Group is ranked as one of Sweden’s most popular employer among engineers. At ÅF you will be involved in developing innovative and sustainable solutions within infrastructure, energy and industry. We are always looking for the sharpest skills that can create a future society together with us. We hope you will learn as much from us as we will learn from you.
Håkan Roos - Technical questions
+46 10 505 77 93