Position: Datacenter Inventory and Asset technician (Logistics Technician)
Type: Permanent/full time
Contact: EMEA Recruiter – Airida Mockute (Aimockut@microsoft.com)
Phone number: Office: +353 (1) 2797782 / Mobile: +353 858261900
Microsoft’s Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. As a CO+I Datacenter Inventory & Asset Technician, you will perform a key role in delivering the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's online services including Bing, Office 365, Xbox, OneDrive, and the Microsoft Azure platform.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our foundation is built upon and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
With environmental sustainability and optimization at the forefront of our datacenter design and operations, we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that hold Microsoft as a world-class cloud provider.
Be at the forefront of the action in CO+I as part of our global datacenter operations.
As the successful Datacenter Inventory and Asset Technician, your performance objectives include:
- A strong desire and capability to learn, grow, and develop new skills
- Empower a culture of safety, security, and compliance in all aspect of datacenter activities
- Establish and enhance strong working relationships with various internal teams and external suppliers
- Understand overall ticket management process
- Perform material movement, including shipping/receiving and inventory management per standard process
- Stocking deliveries in an organized manner
- Detailed physical inventory tracking and staging
- Preparation of outbound shipments
- Accurate documentation of incoming and outgoing deliveries
- Data entry to document inbound and outbound packages
- Perform cycle audits to ensure all inventory controls are met
- Learn, live, and coach the One Microsoft culture and values. Lead through change by bringing clarity, generating energy, and delivering success
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Six months’ experience in warehouse/supply chain/logistics
- Ability to support frequent standing, walking, lifting, and working at heights
- Certification in APICS/Inventory Control or equivalent
- Experience in warehouse/supply chain/logistics Experience operating heavy-load movement equipment(pallet jacks, chassis lifts, etc.)
- Working knowledge of physical IT infrastructure components
- Perform and execute organization’s safety programs and policies, and compliance knowledge assessments
- Flexibility to work non-standard business hours that may include weekends and/or holidays
Background Check Requirements:
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role.These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.