For our Global Industrial Internship Program starting in spring 2019 we are looking for a 4th year student (1st year of Master) who is collaborative, open minded, resourceful and entrepreneurial with a passion for mixing both technology and business.
Attractive – our offer:
- You as a Master’s student get the unique opportunity to gain work experience within Atlas Copco parallel to your studies and during the spring of 2020, write an international master thesis in our global business
- You will work self-dependent and get diversified tasks with a broad range of development opportunities at a constantly growing and innovative global player
- You receive personal and professional training through our internal Academy as well as personal coaching to grow as an individual and learn from experienced Managers
- You gain global experiences with international peers during one week in Sweden and peer coaching sessions
- You gain working experience locally & possibly abroad to get yourself started for your future career within Atlas Copco
Inspiring – your future tasks:
When designing screw-tightening systems, there is a need to test it under load. The design of “brakes” used for stressing the tightening systems used today has its weaknesses and needs much maintenance. There is a vision of a better brake to test our product designs on.
The student assigned with the internship would interview key stakeholders within R&D and based on the results and previous design knowledge, create a specification including performance targets and qualification methods. After that, the person should design the brake, build a prototype and test it, and deliver it to selected users within R&D. The design will most likely include both mechanics, electronics and software.
The mission also includes for the person to contribute in the below areas. This could be done through a part-time setup between the above project, and the following ones, for example through rotation between different mentors/office areas. Details to be discussed.
- A few months contribution in the product quality group, working with a quality engineer. Output: Resolution of some “QCM issues”
- A few months in system test. Output: Completion of system test on actual product
- A few months with reliability group. Output: Improvement in lifetime performance of product
Convincing – your current profile:
- You are currently in the 4th year of your studies and planning to take your master thesis during next year. Your studies are ideally within the field of ‘Product design’, preferably Mechatronics
- You are planning to start writing your world class master thesis during 2019/2020
- You are avai
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- You should have an interest in working with business and product development
- You are motivated to spend your lecture-free time working part time at the Stockholm office
Our office is located in Sickla, Stockholm. The starting date of this position is flexible depending on your availability, but preferrably as soon as possible.
If you have any questions, please contact recruiter Cecilia Björnelund at firstname.lastname@example.org
We add value wherever we do business
The Atlas Copco Group serves customers through innovative compressors, vacuum solutions, generators, pumps, power tools and assembly systems. We are a global and diverse Group of many strong brands and around 37 000 employees representing different cultures in more than 180 countries. We have a wide range of positions so whatever your interests or area of expertise, we offer interesting challenges and the opportunity to grow.
Passionate people create exceptional things. We believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading edge technology enables us to innovate for a sustainable future. We believe that people make it happen and with us you are empowered to act. Your ideas can make a real difference and contribute to the quality of life for people everywhere.
Learn more at www.atlascopcogroup.com