Are you in for a big challenge, like to contribute in the success of starting up a new global company? Epiroc is the company Atlas Copco plans to dividend out in 2018, subject to shareholders' and stock exchange approvals. Epiroc will be a leading global productivity partner in mining, Infrastructure and natural resources industries. Epiroc stands for innovation, commitment and collaboration, which is the speed to market & industry leadership; the passion to help customers succeed and a close partnership for deep understanding of the needs. We clearly aim to be our customers’ first choice.
Epiroc IT is currently hiring an IT Network Infrastructure leading specialist with a “can-do” attitude to join our result driven Epiroc IT team.
Hands-on experience is must, taking ownership comes to you naturally. You are a member of IT Network Infrastructure design and delivery team. You stay in a comfort zone when you are in an end of escalation line for business critical incidents.
IT Network Infrastructure portfolio: WAN and Internet connectivity, Perimeter protection (Next generation Firewall platform), Application oriented Networks, Web browsing protection, VPN and Secure Authentication, DDI management, DNS, LAN and WLAN. Automation and Monitoring of the Network comes natural securing Business needs.
Due to complexity of Network Infrastructure services portfolio we search for 3 Solution Architect/Senior Specialist for:
- DDI/Web protection
We will select the best candidates, defining the work-package out of the services listed above to create great match with selected candidate profile.
You are in charge to Design and to Deliver world-class services to the Business that are geographically spread around more than 55 countries, more than 150 locations.
As an IT Network Infrastructure Senior Specialist you will work both tactical and operational. You see yourself to be a steering member of a global IT Network Infrastructure team. Your see yourselves in charge of IT Network Infrastructure, the architecture design, the standards definition, the low-level designs, system integrations and continuous improvement of IT Network Infrastructure platforms.
Operationally you are responsible to build and to maintain the future IT Network Infrastructure for Epiroc organization, reporting to Global Network Infrastructure Manager, Epiroc IT.
- Design and Build Network Infrastructure architecture
- Define Low level design, leaning on Technical leads from other IT Infrastructure teams, gain a solid understanding on Application needs and their requirements
- Take lead on creating IT Network Infrastructure road maps and their strategies
- Optimize or change existing solution(s) in line with Epiroc IT strategy and Security policy
- Automate Network Infrastructure to limit the number of manual processes and routines
- Aim for, lean and transparent Network Infrastructure platforms designs
- Eager to share information, transfer knowledge, work transparently, challenging your peers in touch with the Network Infrastructure strategy
- Develop in-house managed Tools, processes and governance over the Network Infrastructure. Contribute on Managed platform concepts further optimizing their efficiency for the Epiroc IT organization
- Actively participate in Change project(s)
- IT Infrastructure operation support in case of business critical Network services outages or escalations which exceeds IT Infrastructure operation and delivery team know-how
- Data Security is always on your mind
- Be a reference person for our Business and their Application owners to develop, further optimize IT services, achieving efficiency driving excellent end-user experience
- Have a gatekeeper role to safeguard the delivery throughout the Atlas Copco and Epiroc IT Infrastructure split
- Work on large Infrastructure integration projects
- Working with a multinational organization (in virtual teams)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in IT Network Infrastructure platforms Solution design and architecture
- Minimum 5 years hands on of experience in IT Operations
- Experience in Microsoft and Active Directory designs and integrations
- Excellent understanding of IT technical components and processes
- Business processes understanding
- Well organized and able to operate independently in line with guidelines
Knowledge / Educational Requirements
- University degree in relevant fields or similar competence developed through working experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Passionate about your field of expertise and your customers
- Experience in scripting preferably Python; eager to work with tools like Ansible, Puppet, YAML or others
- Proven knowledge equivalent to level CCIE - Routing & Switching, Wireless is an advantage
- Cisco competitor platforms awareness
- Experience with Microsoft Windows platforms family
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft O365 product family
- ITIL conscious
- Proven track record in large system integrations
- Highly motivated and result oriented
The job requires a lot of collaboration both internally and externally so good interpersonal and communication skills are a prerequisite to be successful in the role. Ability to work in a multicultural global team belongs to daily routine of this job.
A proactive self-driven personality is required, with a capacity to deliver in line with expectations and objectives.
You are a strategic thinker with the ability to see/understand “the big picture” with problem solving abilities.
You are organized, service oriented and adaptable to change. You should also have good strong leadership, analytical and administrations skills as they are vital for this role.
You must be able to travel international ~ 20 days/year.
Country And City Description
- Epiroc HUB locations: Örebro (SWE), Garland (US), Santiago (CHL), Prague (CZ), Nanjing (CHN), Perth (AUS), Boksburg (South Africa), Bangalore or Nashik (India)
Atlas Copco's Board of Directors announced in January 2017 that it will initiate work in order to propose to the Annual General Meeting in 2018, to decide on a split of Atlas Copco into two parts. Atlas Copco will focus on industry and Epiroc will focus on mining, Infrastructure and natural resources industries.
The current Mining and Rock Excavation business area – core of the future Epiroc - provides equipment for drilling and rock excavation, a complete range of related consumables and service through a global network. The business area innovates for sustainable productivity in surface and underground mining, infrastructure, civil works, well drilling and geotechnical applications. Principal product development and manufacturing units are located in Sweden, the United States, Canada, China and India.
Please attach your cv and personal letter to your application. Please note that you apply by using the link below. Varbi is our new recruitment system. If you are new to the system, start by register a profile. Last day to apply is April 24.
For More Information About This Opportunity, Please Contact
Anna Jaklova, Global Network Infrastructure Manager, IT
Phone: +420 606 071 260
Christine Näsholm, HR & Communication Manager
Telefon: +46(0)19 - 670 78 92