IT Network Infrastructure Specialist to Epiroc – APAC region
Are you in for a big challenge, like to contribute in the success of starting up a new global company? Epiroc is the company Atlas Copco plans to dividend out in 2018, subject to shareholders' and stock exchange approvals. Epiroc will be a leading global productivity partner in mining, Infrastructure and natural resources industries. Epiroc stands for innovation, commitment and collaboration, which is the speed to market & industry leadership; the passion to help customers succeed and a close partnership for deep understanding of the needs. We clearly aim to be our customers’ first choice.
Epiroc IT is currently hiring an IT Network Infrastructure operation and delivery specialist with a “can-do” attitude to join our result driven Epiroc IT team.
Hands-on experience is a must, taking ownership comes to you naturally. You are responsible for regional and local IT Network Infrastructure services operation and delivery.
IT Network Infrastructure portfolio: WAN and Internet connectivity, Perimeter protection (Next generation Firewall platform), Application oriented Networks, Web browsing protection, VPN and Secure Authentication, DDI management, DNS, LAN and WLAN. Automation and Monitoring of the Network comes natural securing Business needs.
We search for two IT Network Infrastructure Specialists to boost up Epiroc IT Network Infrastructure operation and delivery team on regional and on local level. We will select the best candidates, defining the work-package out of the services listed above to create great match with selected candidate profile.
As an IT Network Infrastructure Specialist you will work operational. You will be in charge of IT Network Infrastructure operation and delivery on regional and on local level. Your see yourselves in charge of local deployments, following defined standards, creating low-level designs; managing local vendors.
Operationally you are responsible for IT Network Infrastructure services operation and delivery on regional and on local level, aiming for great end user experience.
You will be reporting to Network Infrastructure Operation and Delivery Manager, Epiroc IT.
- Responsible for regional and local coordination of WAN circuits, Internet links, LAN and WLAN services delivery and support
- Create and maintain detailed documentation including WAN, LAN, WLAN diagrams; keeping Network CMDB and Management tools up-to-date
- Support the deployment of new services locally and regionally through structured support, development and change management processes in alignment with industry best practices such as PMI and ITIL
- Data Security is always on your mind
- Working closely with other service teams/ business locations to consider customer needs and how can best meet these
- Monitor KPIs for Network Infrastructure Operations and strive for their fulfillment at the regional and local level
- Manage data network related relationship with vendors (i.e. AT&T, Orange, etc.) contracted to provide project delivery and execution on the regional level
- Comfortable delivering critical infrastructure in line with the availability/ up time requirements and should be readily able to communicate with customer and peer organizations regarding project delivery needs
- Ensure standards implementation and enforcement, change management process, project engineering
- Focus on project delivery of solutions and network infrastructure that facilitates excellent performance management, service level management and capacity planning
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
- Continuous focus on customer satisfaction, compliance and standards
- Work on IT projects
- Working with a multinational organization (in virtual teams)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Network platforms operation and delivery
- Experience with client computing (end users) support
- Understanding of IT technical components and processes
- Well organized and able to operate independently in line with guidelines
- Experience with WAN, LAN, WLAN troubleshooting, delivery and support tasks
- Experience with Network management and monitoring tools
- Data security awareness
Knowledge / Educational Requirements
- University degree in relevant fields or similar competence developed through working experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Passionate about your field of expertise and your customers
- Experience in scripting preferably Python; eager to work with tools like Ansible, Puppet, YAML or others is an advantage
- Proven knowledge equivalent to level CCNA - Routing & Switching, Wireless is must
- Cisco platform competitors awareness
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows platforms family
- Knowledge of Microsoft O365 product family
- ITIL conscious
- Highly motivated and result oriented
The job requires a lot of collaboration both internally and externally, so good interpersonal and communication skills are a prerequisite to be successful in the role. Ability to work in a multicultural global team belongs to daily routine of this job.
A proactive self-driven personality is required, with a capacity to deliver in line with expectations and objectives.
You are organized, service oriented and adaptable to change. You should also have analytical and administrations skills as they are vital for this role.
You must be able to travel international ~ 10 days/year.
Country And City Description
- Epiroc HUB locations: Nanjing (CHN), Perth (AUS), Bangalore or Nashik (India)
Atlas Copco's Board of Directors announced in January 2017 that it will initiate work in order to propose to the Annual General Meeting in 2018, to decide on a split of Atlas Copco into two parts. Atlas Copco will focus on industry and Epiroc will focus on mining, Infrastructure and natural resources industries.
The current Mining and Rock Excavation business area – core of the future Epiroc - provides equipment for drilling and rock excavation, a complete range of related consumables and service through a global network. The business area innovates for sustainable productivity in surface and underground mining, infrastructure, civil works, well drilling and geotechnical applications. Principal product development and manufacturing units are located in Sweden, the United States, Canada, China and India.
Please attach your cv and personal letter to your application. Please note that you apply by using the link below. Varbi is our new recruitment system. If you are new to the system, start by register a profile. Last day to apply is April 24.
For More Information About This Opportunity, Please Contact
Anna Jaklova, Global Network Infrastructure Manager, IT
Phone: +420 606 071 260
Christine Näsholm, HR & Communication Manager
Telefon: +46(0)19 - 670 78 92