Java/information architect to Metric Gaming in Uppsala!
One team wins the game - and some other money! But who really ensures that sports and cash can unite? Well, among other top players in Java development at Metric Gaming who love to improve betting functions. If you find information flows interesting and are curious about how they can be described and defined, this might be the perfect fit for you!
About the role
Metric expands its software development center in Uppsala and wants you if you are interested in Java and thrives in a dynamic environment.
Reporting to the technical leader, who is based in Uppsala, you will build and support high performance technology for worldwide gaming companies. You will work within a tight team in a fast paced and rewarding development environment and will be able to learn from the team and to develop your skills.
The team in Uppsala develops server and back-office administration software for online sports betting, based on a J2EE platform. The software handles more than 2,000 bets and 1,000 settlements per second on a vast number of markets and bet types.
A goal or a yellow card in a game means that bets will be settled, and that odds must be sent out to the players and to numerous third parties. Your main responsibility will be to understand and keep track of the information that flows through the platform and make sure it is correct and that other parties understand it correctly.
The team manages break-down, implementation, test and delivery of new features. For example you will:
- Understand and describe the information flows of the platform and propose changes according to the needs of new integrations
- Document these flows and communicate them with integration parties from other companies
- Develop Java code
- Deliver high quality software products and services
- Improve methodologies, standards, processes and tools to make teams more efficient
- Solve incidents from the support- and operation staff
We are looking for
- You with a passion for information flows
- Experience from information modelling in multi-party environments
- Experience from modern Java server development
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
It will be considered an extra qualification if you have...
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science
- Previous experience in Agile/Scrum environment
- Knowledge of SQL
- A passion for sports
As a person you are:
- Problem solving
Start: As soon as possible
Work extent: Full time
Location: Uppsala, Klostergatan
Contact information: This recruitment process is conducted by Academic Work. It is a request from Metric Gaming that all questions regarding the position is handled by Academic Work.
Our selection process is continuous and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.
Metric Gaming is an international business with offices in London, Las Vegas and in Singapore and have now decided to build a team for development of nuclear software. The company was founded of the World Poker Tour-winner Martin de Knijff and run by former executives of some of the most established operators in the industry, Metric is a B2B company who are proud to think B2C. Having developed into one of the most compelling and dynamic independent sports betting suppliers in the industry, the Company’s mission is to develop into the leading mainstream sports betting provider with a reputation for building high quality, bespoke and innovative products.