Junior Nordic Power Analyst
Would you like to work in the dynamic environment of the trading floor? Do you want to contribute to high quality analysis and the success of the trading function using your analytical capabilities and commercial comprehension? Then this job could be something for you.
For our office in Stockholm we are looking for a top talent (m/f) to join us as Junior Nordic Power Analyst (m/f) in the Trading Analysis department.
The Trading Analysis department within the Business Unit Trading works closely with the trading desks and takes a leading role in providing market insights, (fundamental and quantitative) analysis, and ultimately commercial decision support across all commodity areas.
Your main tasks and responsibilities as a Junior Nordic Power Analyst
• Conduct commercially relevant fundamental and quantitative analysis to support traders, and play an active role in developing Nordic power trading strategies
• Keep track of the latest market developments, develop price views, and provide related communication and advice to traders and portfolio managers through various communication channels
• Play an active role in further developing and automating routines, procedures, and applications for analysis-related information and data
• Be part of the Trading Analysis department and contribute to its analysis output
• Educate traders in relevant Nordic power and quant topics.
Our ideal Junior Nordic Power Analyst has the following qualifications and capabilities
• Strong academic background with a Master’s degree in, e.g., business, economics, engineering or science
• Knowledge and first experience (e.g., from internships) in a trading environment (preferably in energy markets) clearly advantageous
• Good computer programming (e.g., VBA, Matlab or Python) and database management skills
• Knowledge in energy economics and energy markets clearly advantageous
• Knowledge in pricing options and structured products clearly advantageous
• Experience with fundamental and mathematical models for power markets, and ability to steer business-driven model development in the respective supporting functions clearly advantageous
• Fluency in English and Swedish (or Norwegian alternatively) – both written and spoken
• Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate with various internal stakeholders and the willingness to share your knowledge
• Result oriented, independent working method with readiness to take on responsibility.
This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious and talented individuals who wants to start or progress their career with a challenging and changeable job within a leading company in its field with good career and personal development opportunities.
We are striving for diversity & inclusion and we therefore welcome applications from all individuals regardless of, e.g., age, gender, disability, and ethnic background.
Business Area (BA) Markets maximises the value of Vattenfall’s portfolio by optimising and dis-patching, hedging and sourcing for Vattenfall's assets and sales positions. We offer power purchase agreements to operators of wind or solar parks, optimise 3rd party batteries and enter into origination deals within the B2B segment. We serve as Vattenfall’s single market access to energy commodity markets trading in electricity, emissions, fuels, freight, and renewable certificates. We are responsible for generating profits by taking positions within defined risk mandates and limits. We are active across Europe with around 500 professionals working from Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands, and Denmark.
Within Markets the Business Unit (BU) Trading is the energy trading hub of the Vattenfall Group. BU Trading is responsible for all trading activities around Vattenfall´s asset and customer flows to maximize value creation and improve sourcing costs. It provides all market access services for standard OTC- and exchange-based energy commodities for the Vattenfall Group, which means managing all hedging flows, from generation assets or customers, by market access.
For more information about the position or the recruitment process you are welcome to contact the recruitment coordinator for this position Daniel Ruja, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your application!