Junior Software Tester and Developer to Atlas Copco
We are now looking for a Junior Software Tester and Software Developer to Atlas Copco with an interest in code. Are you interested in working within software development and testing in an international environment with a leading edge technology? If the answer is yes, this position at Atlas Copco Industrial Technique could be your next challenge!
About the role
"As a manager, I am committed, open-minded and caring. I am driven by the fact that we will develop and produce fantastic products and add value to our customers. Along the way, I want the team to have fun together and be able to be proud of what we do. From my team, I expect a strong commitment and a drive to find new and better solutions”
- This is how Magnus Lindström, Team Manager Electronics & Software, R&D describes his team at Atlas Copco. Are you Magnus’ next team member?
Academic Work is looking for a Software Tester and Developer and to the globally renowned and cutting-edge industrial company Atlas Copco. The team you will work in are focusing on advanced small microprocessor controller screwdrivers, where quality and high productivity are essential functions for users. Customers are often in electronics production of mobile phones and car electronics.
In this role you will be part of a small Software and Hardware team that consists of 8 colleagues. Being a small team, many roles are broad. You will work with responsibilities within both software development and testing. Your main responsibility will be focused on software testing. There will be a handover before the current tester goes on maternity leave, so this process will be explained. Testing is however not a full-time task, during periods without releases there is little to test. So as a compliment we are looking for a person who also can also work as a developer, writing in code C for the intelligent MicroTorque screwdriver system.
As a developer you will work with developing new functions, and as a Software tester you will get a good understanding of the whole system, as you are running tests and trying the system. This will give you a great insight of the system and be a valuable player in the team. When you are more comfortable in your position, you will also help Customers and Sales worldwide with support questions.
As a consultant at Academic Work you are offered a great opportunity to grow as a professional, extend your network and establish valuable contacts for the future.
As part of this team, you will work with Atlas Copco’s smallest digital controlled screwdrivers. Along with your colleagues, and as part of a cross-functional team, you will be involved in every step of the way – from initial idea to final product.
For example, you will:
- Conduct manual and automatic testing of software products.
- Support the customers in questions related to the product.
- Create/update test documents according to the system requirements.
- Develop new functions and maintain existing ones in close collaboration with other developers in the team.
We are looking for
- Hold a technical university degree.
- Have C coding knowledge and can work with professional C development
- Proficient in business English, verbally and in writing.
It will be considered an additional qualification if you…
- Have experience of working as a Software Tester
As a person, you are a true team player with a “can-do” attitude, easy to interact with and eager to learn as well as sharing your knowledge. You are self-organized, committed and customer focused. Besides having a big interest of software testing you also feel comfortable working hands-on and have cooperative skills. This position suits you that are in the beginning of your career and would like to get a wider perspective of Atlas Copco products.
- Start: September/October 2022 (For the right candidate it can be possible to start part time during your last semester at the university)
- Work extent: Full-time, 12 months with a good chance of being recruited by Atlas Copco.
- Location: Sickla, Stockholm.
- Contact information: This recruitment process is conducted by Academic Work. It is a request from Atlas Copco that all questions regarding the position is handled by Academic Work. Our selection process is continuous and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.
Atlas Copco is an industrial group with world-leading positions in compressors, expanders and air treatment systems, construction and mining equipment, power tools and assembly systems. With innovative products and services, Atlas Copco delivers solutions for sustainable productivity. The company was founded in 1873, is based in Stockholm, Sweden, and has a global reach spanning about 180 countries.
Atlas Copco’s Industrial Technique business area provides industrial power tools, assembly systems, quality assurance products, software and services through a global network. It innovates for sustainable productivity for customers in the automotive and aerospace industries, industrial manufacturing and maintenance, and in vehicle service. Principal product development and manufacturing units are located in Sweden, France and Japan.
Dela detta jobb