Passenger is an award winning startup that develops innovative transportation solutions that drives the world towards more cost effective and environmentally friendly transportation. We’ve built the world’s first dynamic real-time combined mobility service making it easy, cost effective and environmentally friendly for people to get where they want to go. Passenger is funded by the Swedish Energy Department and is also part of the EU funded Climate-Kic accelerator program.
Who are we and what have we accomplished till now?
Passenger develops innovative transportation solutions that drives the world towards more cost effective and environmentally friendly transportation.
We’ve built the world’s first dynamic real-time combined mobility service making it easy, cost effective and environmentally friendly for people to get where they want to go, with a single button tap. Some of our partners include Mekonomen, Skånetrafiken, P-Malmö, Volkswagen and HERE technologies.
Through our technology, our mission is to help people transport themselves in a more efficient way, utilizing existing vehicle capacity as well as combining it with other methods of transportation.
Moving on from our successful beta launch we are now developing a more complete version of our platform, which is planned for a wide release this spring.
What You’ll Do
- Build features and capabilities to support features in our apps.
- You will be responsible for development of our platform framework infrastructure and libraries to improve user experience
- Design and develop models that provide smart insights for our users.
- Build and maintain scalable services for handling thousands of users' daily transportation.
- Keep the user’s best in mind and contribute ideas and thoughts to the next generation of Passenger.
- You have great attention to detail with the ability to execute projects from beginning to end
- Great teamplayer
- Strategic minded and highly analytical
- Strong organisational, analytical and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise to meet aggressive goals and timelines
- Effective problem-solving skills, specifically the ability to quickly assess situations, evaluate options, and make decisions
- Passionate about sustainability and/or mobility
- Creative, curious, expressive, imaginative and brave
What You’ll Need
- BS/MS/Phd in Computer Science or related experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience of systems software engineering. Understanding of computer architecture and CS fundamentals
- History of shipping high quality web services
- Expertise in Go, Node, Java, and other applicable back end languages
- Experience in building scalable SOA or microservice architecture design
- Experience with databases or big data systems
- Experience working in an agile engineering environment
- A history of strong teamwork and self-driven learning
How we work
Passenger is an engineering and product company at heart. We look for people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle whatever problem. As an engineer and tech lead at Passenger, you will be an integral part of our core team which is critical to Passenger's success. We need our colleagues to be versatile, enthusiastic and display leadership qualities to tackle new problems across the board as we continue to push our product forward.
Passenger is a true start-up and one big team where everyone’s opinion is valued. There is a great degree of freedom working at Passenger and you are solely responsible for what you do and your time.
Why join us?
You will join an exciting well funded company which aims to build the worlds leading combined mobility service and you will be an instrumental part of that journey.
We also offer you:
- A competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Casual dress and relaxed working environment
- Opportunity to develop existing skills and learn new ones
- Sociable team, regular company meals and events
- Flexible vacation times with paid vacation
- Stock options
- Working remotely when you see fit
- The opportunity to work with exciting new technology and be instrumental in creating the future of mobility
Please apply via The Hub. Feel free to attach links to your Github account or anything else you feel we should know about.
Perks & Benefits
Geek lunch: Enjoy a free catered lunch with your colleagues at workshops or hackdays
Flexible work hours and vacation: Morning person or night owl, this job is for you
Free beverages: Caffeine fix or friday celebration beer, we have got you covered
Located near public transit: Easy access and treehugger friendly workplace
Social gatherings and games: Hangout with your colleagues
Paid vacation: Go get that tan!
Pension plan: We take care of you, even when you are old and wrinkly
Maternity / paternity leave: Kids are the future, go spend time with them