Senior Data Scientist
The future is data-driven! Do you agree and want to be part of accelerating Vattenfall’s digital transformation in the area of energy markets? Then we have just the right position for you!
For our office in Stockholm we are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our Quantitative Analysis team. The Quant team focuses on delivering Data-driven decision automation by applying Machine Learning on Energy market use cases. The team is small and mainly based in Hamburg, however this is about to change.
Alongside this Data Science position we are also looking for a Data Engineer to join the team in our Stockholm office. The recruitments will run in parallel and the two of you will be the team’s local representatives in Stockholm.
Senior Data Scientist
As Senior Data Scientist in Quantitative Analysis you will work in a team that is end-to-end responsible for automated Machine Learning models. You will typically specialize in the modelling part of the data-driven decision automation and your work will have direct and measurable business impact. In this role you will have a great chance of impacting the direction of Vattenfall’s and BA Markets’ digital transformation.
What you’ll do
• LEADING: Be a leader and role model for Data Science in Vattenfall and guide the team towards best practices for Machine Learning
• MODELS: Develop Machine Learning models by applying the suitable level of method complexity and run the models operationally in production
• COOP: Collaborate with stakeholders and subject matter experts to make sure our models and processes are up-to-date and are fulfilling business needs
• ML OPS: Co-develop a framework that organizes the entire data value chain for professional operations of ML by enabling structured development, monitoring and deployment of models
• DATA: Make sure that our data is available in an ML-ready format and that we are choosing the right infrastructure design when it comes to the interplay between data and models
We believe you have
• Several years of professional experience in applying ML methods of different complexity on real business use-cases
• Strong communication skills and the willingness to frequently and directly interact with front office , IT and other data-driven departments
• A cloud- and big data mindset, with knowledge about tools like Azure, Databricks, Spark and Kafka
• Proficiency in setting up ML models with demonstrable value
• Experience in running ML applications in production
• Experience with orchestration tools like Airflow and Azure Data Factory
• Proficient knowledge in Python Programming
• An Academic degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, physics or similar
• Fluent in English. Swedish language skills are an advantage
• A great opportunity to drive ML forward in a climate aware utility aiming to become increasingly data-driven
• A work climate with flat hierarchies, open discussion culture and zero-tolerance on harassment
• An International and multi-cultural work environment with energetic colleagues
• Flexible working hours, an annual 63 hours reduction of working time and free access to gym and training classes in our Stockholm office
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of gender, age, and ethnic and cultural backgrounds. Diversity and inclusion – in everything we do .Read more on how we work with diversity and inclusion here: https://corporate.vattenfall.com/careers/working-at-vattenfall/diversity/
We welcome your application in English , including CV and cover letter. Last day to apply 30th January 2022. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
For more information about the role, please contact Hiring Manager Erik Svensson, email@example.com .
For more information about the recruiting process, please contact recruiter Carolina Bölander, firstname.lastname@example.org
Trade union representatives in Sweden:
Jens Morell (Unionen) and Sven Gunnar Gremlin (Akademikerna). To get in contact with the representatives, please call Vattenfall´s switchboard +46 8 739 50 00.
Within Vattenfall, Business Area (BA) Markets optimizes assets and effectively sources and trades commodities, thus ensuring best value for both Vattenfall and our customers. BA Markets is active across Europe with around 450 professionals working from Sweden, Germany, the Netherlands, and the UK.
In BA Markets the mission of the Unit OU Operations is to drive the digital transformation. OU Operations consists of diverse and highly skilled employees from more than 20 countries. We work internationally from our locations in Stockholm, Hamburg and Amsterdam.
The Quantitative Analysis Team focuses on Data-driven modelling and is one of four Analysis teams in OU Operations. We create value by automating business decisions based on Machine Learning models.
Dela detta jobb