Senior Network Engineer (f/m/d)
Vattenfall IT is the internal IT provider for the entire Vattenfall Group with employees in several European countries. We are supporting Vattenfall in its transition to become fossil free within one generation.
For the Network Operations team we are now looking for an experienced and ambitious
Senior Network Engineer (f/m/d)
who’s aiming to become a member of an international team active in six countries supporting the Vattenfall business units in e.g. the main Vattenfall locations Stockholm, Berlin, Hamburg and Amsterdam.
Your job as a Senior Network Engineer (f/m/d)
In your role you will act as an interface between our internal customer and our sourcing partner.
Your key tasks will include:
- Maintain our product portfolio; develop/verify/agree network related standards, solutions and processes
- Quality assurance towards our sourcing partner for Data Center and Office Network:
– Check if proposals are fitting to the Vattenfall standards
– Check if proposals are fulfilling the customer demands
– Check if documentation was updated accordingly
– Check if lifecycle management is executed according to the agreements and work together with the Secure Operations Team (SOC)
– Check/follow-up root cause analyses provided by our sourcing partner after a critical incident occurred
- Support projects as a project resource by steering our sourcing partner to execute
- Support internal operation (e.g. ticket duty) of our IPAM solution (AD-integrated int./ext. DNS, DHCP)
- Communicate / cooperate on different levels:
– Internally: monitoring team, solution architects, service managers
– Externally: different external providers and sourcing partner
- Business trips from time to time required within an international team
Your profile as a Senior Network Engineer (f/m/d)
- You are able to work on bachelor/university level, open minded and willing to learn.
- You have at least 7 years of experience in network operations including practical knowledge in analyzing and solving IT problems in a complex landscape.
- You have an independent/ autonomous workstyle while being a team player as well.
- You are a good communicator (fluent English) towards all kind of stakeholders (customers, IT department and suppliers/external partners).
- You have experience in steering of external partners.
- You have technical skills in the following areas; relevant certifications are preferred:
– Cisco WLAN
– Cisco Routing/Switching
– RAS / Security Engineering
– Checkpoint/FortiGate Firewalling
– Using troubleshooting and diagnosing systems
– Experiences with ITIL processes (incident handling, changes, problem management)
– Basic scripting knowledge (python, perl, …)
– Unterstanding of the DNS (int./ext.) concept
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of age, religion, gen-der identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.
What we offer
- A permanent job, with room for your personal development.
- A healthy work-life balance (flexible working times, home office possibilities) and time to keep your profession as Engineer up to date.
- The opportunity to work for a clean energy company that aims for creating fossil free energy within one generation.
- A challenging job in an international environment with flexible working hours in one of the core locations:
Stockholm, Berlin, Hamburg, Amsterdam or Gliwice.
Vattenfall is a European energy company with approximately 20,000 employees. For more than 100 years we have electrified industries, supplied energy to people’s homes and modernized our way of living through innovation and cooperation. We now want to make fossil-free living possible within one generation. To be able to reach this ambitious goal we are looking for talented individuals who, in addition to their passion for their own role, also have strong team spirit and want to contribute to supporting a meaningful corporate mission.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the link further down the page. For further information about the recruitment process please contact Bina Deutschendorf +49 40 79022 2289. Trade union representatives in Sweden are Sofi Wadström (Akademikerna), Inger Strandberg/Lars-Erik Näsman (Unionen), Christer Gustafsson (Ledarna), and Lennart Bengtsson (SEKO). To get in contact with the representatives, please call Vattenfall´s switchboard +46 8 739 50 00.
Due to COVID-19 we adapted our application process to the current conditions. Interviews regarding this position will be conducted via video conference. Do you have any questions about the application process or how we deal with COVID-19? Please visit our FAQ list
We look forward to receiving your application!
Since Vattenfall is part of the Swedish critical infrastructure many of our positions are security classed. If this position is security classed the final candidates can be subject to a security vetting process, according to the Swedish legislation.
Page doesn’t open? Please try an alternative browser.
Dela detta jobb