The Wind Resource team is part of Technology within BU Onshore. It is an international team spread over Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands and United Kingdom.
The main tasks of the team are to support onshore projects under development and construction, and to assess the performance of projects in operation. The team cooperates with all stakeholders and the colleagues in BU Offshore on similar topics.
In the team there is a vacancy for a (Senior) Wind Resource Analyst in Sweden (location is the Vattenfall head office in Solna).
Do you have a high level of technical knowledge and expertise in the field of Wind Resource Assessment and are you eager to provide technical support to our business? In that case you may be the new (Senior) Wind Resource Analyst we are looking for.
Your main tasks and responsibilities as a Wind Resource Analyst
As Wind Resource Analyst you will analyze the wind conditions in current and future windfarms, including wind data gathering, data analyses, constraints and limitations for the layout definition, site appraisal, and energy estimation for onshore and offshore clients. You will be part of a cross border team, you will also be engineering for development teams in the other Vattenfall countries but with an emphasis on the home country and offshore.
You will define the appropriate measurement campaign in every site in order to ensure the reliability of the production estimation at every tollgate. You will also analyze the available data, in order to understand the climate conditions at every site and estimate the long term, and compile all information regarding constrains to develop the optimal lay-out. The position will sometimes include visits to the sites to identify real constraints and verify the proposed lay-outs.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Provide support in planning and developing new wind farm sites
- Plan measurement campaigns for met masts or remote sensing devices
- Perform Wind Resource Assessments to asses the wind and site conditions
- Analyse constraints for every specific site, in order to define the optimal lay-out of WTGs and WTG selection
- Perform Production Assessments including curtailments
- Perform full uncertainty analysis in order to assess risks
- Analyse performance of operating wind farms
- Provide support in Power Curve Verification
To be considered in a Senior role, additional responsibilities are:
- Responsibility in project management and supervising junior colleagues/externals
- Responsibility in wind turbine supplier negotiations regarding warranties (power curve, noise, icing)
Required skills and knowledge:
- You have a University degree in Engineering/Physics/Meteorology or equivalent
- You have at least 6 years of experience in a similar position
- You have an interest in renewable energy in general, and wind energy in particular
- You have an understanding of the cycle of wind projects and the wind industry
- You have thorough knowledge of wind flow modelling and are an expert in using relevant software such as WindPro, WAsP, Windfarmer or other comparable software. Experience with CFD codes (e.g. WindSim or MeteoDyn) is a plus
- You must be articulate in Swedish and English speech and writing, and be flexible and willing to travel.
- You are willing to work in teams, cooperate with colleagues and follow Vattenfall procedures and guidelines in the work.
- You are able to work at the level of the industry’s best practice, and have an eagerness to learn and expand the team’s knowledge and capabilities
You are a goal and result oriented person, attentive to details, but capable of comprehensive thinking. You are a person with a high level of energy, motivation and initiative. You possess good interpersonal skills, and you have the capability to communicate clearly to other specialists and professionals who are not from a technology background.
Position of the job is in Sweden, preferably the Vattenfall head office in Solna. Other Vattenfall offices in Sweden to be discussed.
The job requires occasional travelling across Europe, mostly between office locations.
What we offer
Working at Vattenfall means more than ‘just’ having an interesting job in a result-orientated culture. Here you will be part of a challenging, complex and international work environment. We offer our employees competitive remuneration, training opportunities and personal development.
Last application date for the position is 28 February via this advertising or www.vattenfall.com/jobs
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Hiring Manager Jan Coelingh +31646813950
For more information about the recruitment process, please contact Recruiter Erica Lindroth +46725725795
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
Trade union representatives in Sweden: Carl-Gustaf Angelin (Akademikerna), Inger Strandberg (Unionen), Christer Gustafsson (Ledarna). To get in contact with the representatives, please call Vattenfall switchboard +46 8 739 50 00
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a
sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like solar PV and batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our solar PV and battery operations further.
We look forward to your application!