We are now looking for a software test manager for Tools Talk projects within the R&D department. You will be a part of developing Atlas Copco's test business together with a collaborative and helpful team. You will work closely with other parts of the organization around questions regarding demands on our products and result from performed tests.
- Ensures that the standard test processes and infrastructure are suitable for the project, and if not initiates, documents and gets approved the necessary adaptations
- Reviews and if necessary suggests updates to the test strategy
- Participates in project and release planning
- Develops and maintains test plans
- Reviews test strategies and plans on lower and adjacent levels if any, e.g. release item team plans reviewed by Regression Test Manager, or regression test plans reviewed by system test manager.
- Synchronizes test plans with other projects
- Secures test resources with project manager and ensures that they have the right competence and can work efficiently
- Follows up the testers work
- Reviews test specifications when appropriate
- Reports test progress and statistics
- Manages test infrastructure
- Approves test specifications.
- Rejects deliveries that do not fulfill the entry quality criteria.
- Approves test reports. The approval of the test report means that the testing has been conducted according to the processes and plans and that we have a test result that reflects the quality of the product.
- Decides which tests shall be developed within test strategy
- Decides scope of regression tests in cooperation with project manager
We are looking for a candidate with a minimum of 5 years of experience in Software test & verification. You have also good knowledge in writing test cases and test plans understanding of the software development process.
We also wish you have a good understanding of automated testing and business approach. You speak and write Swedish and English fluently.
Preferable experiences in: PowerFocus 6000, ToolsTalk, TestRail, Jira and VMWare environments.
- Good communication skills
- Good administrative skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good at planning and execution of plans
- Excellent testing skills
- Excellent knowledge of test process, tools and environment
- Good knowledge of the product and market
- Proven knowledge of the overall PDP and other appropriate processes
Bachelor or Master in system engineering or equivalent.
To succeed in this role you also need be direct in your communication to all involved parts and you know when and how to plan and your responsibilities and tasks. You handle stress and adversity in a good way and you are able to stay focused and use the critique to improve both for yourself and the team.
Finally you are goal oriented and always make decisions based on facts and data.
Country and city description
Atlas Copco is an industrial group with world-leading positions in compressors, expanders and air treatment systems, construction and mining equipment, power tools and assembly systems. With innovative products and services, Atlas Copco delivers solutions for sustainable productivity. The company was founded in 1873, is based in Stockholm, Sweden, and has a global reach spanning about 180 countries. In 2015, Atlas Copco had 43 000 employees and revenues of 102 BSEK.
Learn more at www.atlascopco.com
Atlas Copco’s Industrial Technique business area provides industrial power tools, assembly systems, quality assurance products, software and services through a global network. It innovates for sustainable productivity for customers in the automotive and aerospace industries, industrial manufacturing and maintenance, and in vehicle service. Principal product development and manufacturing units are located in Sweden, France and Japan.
Personnel manager: Kerstin Bjorklund Linnros