Solution Designer (f/m/d) – Fixed Telephony
At this moment we are looking for a
Solution Designer (f/m/d)
for the Competence Area Fixed Telephony within Client Services / IT Infrastructure.
Vattenfall is a European energy company with approximately 20.000 employees. For more than 100 years we have electrified industries, supplied energy to people’s homes and modernized our way of living through innovation and cooperation. We now want to make fossil-free living possible within one generation. To be able to reach this ambitious goal we are looking for talented individuals who, in addition to their passion for their own role, also have strong team spirit and want to contribute to supporting a meaningful corporate mission.
Vattenfall IT is the internal provider of IT infrastructure services for the entire Vattenfall Group. It is an international shared service center, providing IT services and support. Vattenfall IT Infrastructure supports Vattenfall by having professional people, knowledgeable in both business and IT, integrating services to enable business functions, providing a helicopter view of required services, utilizing the external market and enforcing standardization in order to optimize cost efficiency.
Within IT Infrastructure, Client Services is responsible for end user support and workplace services to all Vattenfall employees, delivered by either internal staff or external suppliers. Specific focus area is to run a successful retained organization to support a sourced client landscape, meaning that supplier management is part of the daily job.
Your job as Solution Designer (f/m/d) – Fixed Telephony
Vattenfall is looking for someone to help define the architecture of the future.
We are in the process of migrating the office communication environment to Teams. Some of the current challenges are the complete Swedish footprint (Avaya CS1000) which will soon reach end of extended support and the relocation of offices in Germany where almost 4000 people will move to a new office where smart working will become the new norm. Perhaps the biggest challenge is that a large part of the legacy fixed (Avaya, Mitel, Nec and Unify) telephony environment is also used for mission-critical communication, such as in power plants for example.
As Solution Designer for the competence area Fixed Telephony you will be responsible for the coordination, design and improvement of Fixed Telephony and Unified Communication (O365, MS Teams). Beside this you take care of the introduction of new services and improving current services, monitoring of any service related to Enterprise Cloud Telephony, integrations with Audio and Video Collaboration solutions and the internal Call Centre telephony for Vattenfall (Trio from Enghouse). You will be working together both with internal and external resources. You are also the first technical contact for Service Management, Product & Service Delivery Manager (CAR) and all other VF IT departments for technical questions related to the Fixed Telephone service. You will be the first technical contact for carve-out and carve-in projects connected to Fixed Telephony, participate and coordinate in cloud related projects as first contact for Fixed Telephony. An important focus is on the MS Teams platform and all migrations will point most likely towards this solution.
In this role you will maintain contacts and a relationship with the different stakeholder around the different tools and its user groups, you will run the solutions as internal resource towards an outsourced environment which includes the architecture management, and quality assurance of related Supplier(s) in Client Services communications area. Support of the different project deliveries of the outsourcings partner is key in this role and solution design management and steering capabilities are required.
Together with the Service Manager and the Competence Area Responsible you will ensure a technical roadmap, planning and execution towards a unified setup of enterprise Cloud communications.
Your key activities will be:
- Incorporate new business demands and other stakeholders input into the overall IT solution design
- Implementation of Unified Communications strategy 2020 in alignment with Enterprise Architecture team
- Responsible for the realization of pre-studies, feasibility analysis and proof of concepts
- Contributing to business value calculations
- Assuring that Vattenfall is benefitting from IT investments, licenses and present / future IT projects
- Technical project support
Designing and maintaining IT architectural structures:
- The IT Solution Designer is responsible for the development and ownership of technical product roadmaps – TRM and Solution Designs
- Responsible for the legacy office & call center telephony integrations with MS Teams
- Responsible for the definition of the target solution architecture
- Responsible for the technical product analysis of business and IT requirements, delivered by IT infrastructure/enterprise architects, validating the proper solutions (alternatives) and communication to stakeholders
- Responsible for the technical development and technical strategy of new solutions
- Responsible for identification of possible technical product areas for standardization
- Responsible for supporting projects in order to consolidate and simplify the solution landscape
- Assists Project Management with proposals for choosing the most suitable technical IT solution that meets business and IT requirements and strategy in a cooperation with IT Infrastructure/enterprise architects
- Regularly checks the market for new technologies, solutions or vendors that could be of strategic interest for Vattenfall IT; this in close cooperation with supplier(s) and IT infrastructure architects
- Responsible for monitoring developments and trends in areas of IT relevant for the respective architectural domains
Your profile as Solution Designer (f/m/d) – Fixed Telephony
Among your personal qualifications you have a drive to move things forward, are easy to cooperate with and have good communication skills. Besides, you’re strong in process management and have a helicopter view. Furthermore you recognize yourself in the following profile:
- Academic degree as an IT, mathematics, scientific or technical engineer related to IT / Telecommunication
- 5-10 years’ experience in IT, preferably as Solution Architect related to Telephony
- Senior level knowledge in Telephony related technologies and vendors (like Avaya, Unify, Mitel, Nec, Audiocodes etc.)
- Experience in designing multilocation, multiprotocol telephony network delivering video as well as voice services
- Experience with Call Center solutions (preferably Enghouse TRIO)
- Proven knowledge and experience with O365 MS Teams telephony and integrations with 3rd party solutions
- Migration experience in Skype for business/MS Teams
- Senior level knowledge in technical project management
- Experience in handling ITIL processes and TOGAF
- Good knowledge in IT security in large corporate environment
- Proven understanding of Protocols like SIP/SIPs, RTP/SRTP, legacy telephony protocols
- High Level understanding of interworking between data and telephony networks
- Good understanding or server infrastructure related to telephony like virtual machines and serverless technology
- A proven ability to communicate with technical experts, customers and group governance
- Ability to manage stakeholders at times of conflicting interests
- A very good ability to work independently on assignments within a set of timetable, setting own priorities
- The ability to build trust and confidence and to be a team player in an international team
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps to build a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of age, religion, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.
What we offer
A challenging and independent job in an informal, dynamic working environment. You can play a part in shaping the future of a company where the only constant is change. Besides being a challenging and inspiring place to work, we value a great work atmosphere! Everyone is really committed and we want to be the best in what we do. We offer good remuneration, attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional growth. You get the opportunity to create your own career within the company.
The work location is a city where Vattenfall has an office (for example Gliwice, Katowice, Stockholm, Amsterdam, Berlin, Hamburg, London). Furthermore, the position will require incidental travel between Vattenfall locations in these areas.
Security Vetting is part of the application process; for this you need to live minimum 5 years in a country where VF has presence.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter. If you have further questions about the recruitment process, please contact Bina Deutschendorf at +49 40 79022 2289.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Dela detta jobb