Are you motivated by challenges and want to deliver in a dynamic environment?
We are looking for a driven and motivated Systems Engineer to join our team and work in the Research and Development (R&D) department within Epiroc Underground Rock Excavation (URE).
A change in the construction of underground machines has started. Since 1873, Epiroc has developed innovative products and solutions for mining and tunneling industries. The development towards electrification and automation creates new challenges and new opportunities on how to build the machines and what characteristics we can provide the machines with to gain better performance. We are now looking for the right people to join us on this exciting journey!
Epiroc URE has a large program of machines used in tunneling and underground mining operation. The machines are operative all around the world, normally in very harsh environments with high demands on safety, reliability and productivity. If you are interested in taking on a new challenge in a multicultural environment and want to develop our future world-class products, then you might be the person we are looking for.
The systems engineering group is part of the project office at the R&D department. Machines are becoming more automated with advanced software functions controlling the electrics-, hydraulics- and powertrain systems. As systems engineer in R&D you will be engaged in:
- Cross functional work for interdisciplinary system integration.
- Coordination between R&D design groups and other internal stakeholders,
- Identification and definition of stakeholder needs.
- Definition of product requirements.
- Investigation and specification of machine functions and design solutions.
- Support in verification and validation activities e.g. test specification and data analysis.
Throughout the product life cycle, you will also be involved in all phases including pre/concept studies, scope definition, development, verification, validation and product maintenance. You will, mostly in project format, work with new development projects, product maintenance, customer orders, and technology development. You will have close contact with other departments in Örebro, for example software development, technical service, production, purchasing and marketing.
Skills & Knowledge
- University degree in mechatronics-, electrics-, hydraulics-, software engineering or similar.
- Proven skills in product development including requirements management.
- English both written and spoken and preferably also Swedish.
Experience From The Following Areas Is Meritorious
- Safety related functions and work with performance level requirements.
- System modeling and simulation.
- Low emission technology and battery powered machines.
- Mining applications or mobile construction vehicles with high level of automation.
The following core competencies are suitable for the role as systems engineer:
- Apply expertise and technology
- Analyze and use sound judgement
To enjoy the work, it is important to have a genuine interest in technology and a desire to learn more about the products you are working with. Our work is conducted in large own freedom and responsibility. These tasks requires many contacts both internally and externally, good interpersonal and communications skills are required to do the job.
Epiroc sees different personalities, ethnic origin, gender, age, skills and experience as an asset. We see that the differences make the birth of new ideas and improvements, and this leads to innovation and sustained, long-term results. Because we work for gender balance, we encourage female applicants for this role.
Sofia Bratt Manager Project Office and Systems Engineering
Phone: 070-697 72 18
Helena Gustavsson HR Business Partner,
Phone: 019-768 25 93